Search Magnifying Glass

What insurance do i need?

Q. I’m a limited company contractor. I’m the sole director and don’t employ anybody. If I make a mistake and injure somebody can they claim off me? If so what insurance do i need?

A. Broadly speaking the scenario you have described would be covered by a Public Liability policy. Should a third party be injured by you in the provision of your services they may bring legal proceedings against you for their losses. A Public Liability policy will cover the defence costs incurred should you be the subject of said proceedings and your liability to the third party should you be found liable. Qdos provide Public Liability starting at £55.00, please contact Qdos if you would like more information.


By Contractor Doctor


Add a comment

Have any comments? Why not kick off the discussions!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *