Work on the go? Ever had that fear of a low battery notification and the realisation that you don’t have your charger? We’ve compiled some of the best laptops on the market for battery life to take you through a full day of meetings with ease.
(All laptops were tested with continuous web surfing over Wi-Fi at 100 nits of brightness)
- Potentially a bit of a cheater, the Lenovo ThinkPad T470 can be upgraded to include a double extended battery to give you 17.5 hours of use. This laptop has proven durability! All ThinkPads undergo 12 stringent military tests and over 200 quality checks so this one is more capable of surviving working on the go.
- With an almost borderless screen, the Dell XPS 13 packs a punch for being small in stature. You’ll get up to 14 hours’ battery life using the standard screen which reduces to 9 hours when using the touch screen. A lightweight laptop, you’ll forget you’re carrying one.
- A detachable tablet, this is a pricey system but worth every penny. Microsoft’s Surface Book will last 12.5 hours when coupled to the keyboard dock (detached tablet battery life is shorter). The integrated graphics is a must to make the most of this system and comes with a magnetically attached stylus for writing.
- Great for budgets, the ASUS Chromebook Flip C213SA can be yours for £350! Giving you up to 11.5 hours’ battery this 2 in 1 laptop is one of the most durable available. All edges are protected by a rubber wrapped protective guard to withstand the physical stress from intensive use.
- For Apple lovers, here’s your MacBook Pro. Feature rich, this laptop has everything you could possibly need for video editing, graphics and gaming. Up 10 hours’ battery life unplugged you can even unlock this one with your fingerprint!
If you’re not ready to upgrade just yet, ensure you pick up an extra battery pack to keep you going throughout the day in the absence of a plug point (or a misplaced charger).