If you’re looking to reach your local audience where they’re searching, ensure you’re set up with Google My Business. This listing service is for businesses that mainly serve customers in their local area, increasing online visibility to people who are searching nearby. Free and easy to use, you can manage your online presence across Google Search and Maps including verifying your business information. All you need is a Google Account!
Your business will appear within Google search as a distinct service with all relevant information neatly organised in a profile box, ready for customers, both existing and new, to view.
We’ve listed our top benefits for using Google My Business here.
- Allow your customers to get the details they need quickly. Including driving directions, opening hours and contact information. On mobile, this will also include a “Click-to-Call” button.
- Easily update your details if you move premises or change your number. Changing this in My Business will take effect on all other Google channels.
- Effective as a local SEO tool. Business owners can input large amounts of key data directly into Google. As a result, businesses will have a much better chance of being recognised and ranked well in Google search.
- Appear on Google Maps. This is incredibly useful for local customers searching the area for services.
- Keep your customers updated with Google posts on your profile. You can add images, offers and links to specific pages on your website here.
- It’s completely free advertising on the world’s biggest search engine!
For more details and how to set up have a look here – Google My Business.