- Wednesday, 06 February 2013 09:18
- Written by Troy Stevens
Last Friday night, when some were hitting the town and others were braving the long journey home amongst the hustle and bustle of the end of week commute, a number of contractors gathered in the heart of London to meet, greet, learn, and share ideas in an event geared around self-help, professional awareness and wealth management.
The second Future of Contracting event kicked off with an array of speakers, where contractors from a range of sectors were informed and enlightened on some of the ‘hot topics’ that exist throughout the profession. Covering the bases of company affluence, representatives from some of the most influential contractor service providers gave talks on the importance of wealth management in such a competitive line of work. Contractor accounting, business banking, securing a mortgage and the importance of IR35 was the core of the seminar, geared towards ‘Making the Most of your Money’ and avoiding the pitfalls of bad financial planning.
The Future of Contracting not only equips contractors with the knowledge and know-how of successful contracting, but also gives professionals the opportunity to directly speak to renowned contractor specialists, in an opportunity to ask questions and get to know them personally.
The talks given are listed below, for any information regarding any of the issues discussed, please contact us or leave comments in the box provided.
- LTD Companies: Reducing Your Liabilities with David Hughes from Accountants 4 Contractors
- Business Banking Solutions with Steven Hope from Santander Business Banking
- Making the Most of Your Money with Matt Conan from Westminster Wealth Management
- Securing a Mortgage with Taj Kang from Contractor Mortgages UK
- IR35: Protecting Your Wealth with Seb Maley from Qdos Contractor
- Managing Your Personal Wealth with Malcolm Brabon from FreeAgent